The Edwards' Law Offices is a virtual law firm. We offer:
A. BASIC WILL PACKAGE This package is ideal if you have only a few assets and no minor children. It includes a Basic Will, General Durable Financial Power of Attorney(s), Healthcare Directive(Living Will/Medical Powers of Attorney), HIPAA Authorization Form, Burial Instruction, and Supporting documents.).
Price. $1299.99 (Individual) and $1499.99(Couple)
Price $399.99 (Individual) - $499.99 (Couple)
01. SIMPLE WILL: This is a simple will only. However, most people need additional documents for complete protection, i.e., living trust, powers of attorney, and HIPAA Authorization Form.
Price: $299.99 (Individual) - $399.99 (Husband & Wife)
CODICIL TO WILL: This document allows you to supplement or make changes to your will (i.e., change executor, update beneficiaries, update gifts to a beneficiary, update guardian selection for children under 18). Ideal if you have only a few minor changes.
Price. $250.00 Hour
02. THIRD-PARTY SPECIAL NEEDS TRUST (SNT): This legal document is ideal if you have beneficiaries with disabilities (i.e., educational, learning, physical, or mental). It is funded by you, your family, or friends and not with the assets of the special needs beneficiary. It is structured to make help available to the special needs beneficiary without rendering them ineligible for public benefit programs such as Medicaid and supplemental security income (SSI).
03. GENERAL DURABLE (FINANCIAL & PROPERTY) POWER OF ATTORNEY: This Power Of Attorney gives the person you designate the power to handle your financial decisions such as paying your bills, filing your taxes, etc.
Price: $199.99 (Individual)
04. HEALTH CARE DIRECTIVE (MEDICAL POWER OF ATTORNEY & LIVING WILL ): This Power of Attorney gives the person you designate the legal authority to make medical decisions on your behalf if you cannot do so.
Price: $249.99 (Individual)
05. CUSTODIAL POW ER OF ATTORNEY:This document is ideal for parents who may need assistance caring for a minor child. With the document, they can give another person, i.e., parent, friend, etc., authority to take care of a minor child when hardship or other factors prevent them from doing so.
Price: $249.99 (Individual)
06. LIMITED(SPECIAL) POWER OF ATTORNEY: This legal document is ideal if you have personal business to transact but you are unavailable and need someone to stand in for you. It can give another person you name (agent or attorney-in-fact) the legal authority to perform the specific actions on your behalf. It does not provide the agent with full authority and outlines only the decisions the agent may make.
Price: $299.99 (Individual)
07. HIPAA WAIVER: A HIPAA Release gives your physician permission to discuss your personal medical information with the person you have granted your medical power of attorney and any others you may choose to designate.
08. BENEFICIARY (TOD)DEED: This deed, when timely recorded, can avoid the probate court process and transfers title to your real estate to your designated beneficiary (including your revocable trust) upon your death. Your real estate remains titled in your name during your lifetime, and you can change or revoke it before your death. Individuals who make this document should also consider making a "Will" or "Living Trust" if they do not have one in place.
Price $299.99 (Single Dees), plus recording cost.
If you own other real estate, we can draft additional deeds for a different fixed fee of $100.00 per beneficiary deed. Also, we will provide instructions on how to record the deed, or we can record them for you for a fixed fee of $100.00 per deed.
09. AFFIDAVIT OF DEATH and AFFIDAVIT OT ENTIRETY: This affidavit is recommended if the person(s) you hold real estate with as a "joint" or "tenant by the entirety" preceded you in death. It is a legal document that removes a deceased owner from title to property by recording evidence of the deceased owner’s death in the land records. A survivorship affidavit clarifies the land records by letting third parties—title companies, lenders, and property tax officials—know that an owner has passed away and that you now own the property without that owner. It removes the name of the deceased persons(s) from the title.
OTHER LEGAL SERVICES (Contact us for pricing):
*Note. The prices quoted above reflect minimum prices. The final price depends on the complexity of the matter, including additional documents requested and the cooperation of the client(S). All prices are subject to change without notice.
Disclaimer. The Edwards' Law Offices practice is limited to Illinois & Missouri. This website contains general information. Nothing herein is intended to be legal advice. For specific legal advice, you are invited to schedule an appointment with our attorney. We also welcome your calls and electronic mail. However, they do not create an attorney-client relationship.
The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely on advertisements.